Saturday, February 27, 2010

How do I get old paint out of my bathroom without scraping?

We just moved into a house with a bathroom with really old paint in it, I mean the paint is so old that it's coming off everywhere and it's peeling. How do I remove it withput scraping the whole bathroom, are there products out there that remove old paint without scraping?How do I get old paint out of my bathroom without scraping?
You don't want to do a lot of scraping on old paint as it may have lead in it. You want to cover it. Spackle chipped areas and paint with a primer and then a top coat of paint, or install wallboard over the old wallsHow do I get old paint out of my bathroom without scraping?
You scrap, use a heat gun, or a power sander. there are chemical for striping paint, but they are real dangerous to use.like dead dangerous, just scrape the paint. the like you save may be yours.
If it is on the walls, you could try tiling it, there are some great tiles available now, and cheaper than in the past
Just scrape the loose, sand the edges, prime and repaint.
  • hair straightener
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment