Saturday, February 27, 2010

What color should I paint my bedroom and bathroom?

They are connected so the colors will need to be complementary. My comforter set is brownish toupe with red and green embroidery. LOL, it sounds really gross from this description but its not. It's sort of ';fancy';, I guess, although it looks fine in my typical teenage room. However, the walls are all brown, which doesn't look so great with my bedding. It's like an explosion of one color of brown. Anyway, I'd like to repaint and want some color suggestions. Can anyone help? Thanks!What color should I paint my bedroom and bathroom?
I would take your pillow cover, with a color matching your bedding, and match one of the colors.





It's up to you, if you want a warm room, or a cool feeling room.





If you dont like the brown, and dont like the feeling, You might not appeal to red. Even though red is an extremely warm color, that is vibrant, and elegant, and fancy. With a richer feel to it. Red is sensual, and can warm the heart, and well set the mood.





Green is a cool comfortable color, even darker shades of green can have a luxury feel to them, with a hint of elegance.


Green inspires energy, and is great to wake up too, it's brighter, when the sun hits it, it radiates a natural flow to the room, a very zen color...





You can do the red in the bedroom, and green in the bathroom. But you have to put the red somewhere in the bathroom also, like in the shower curtains, or, toilet coverings, or simple painted baskets, to keep magazines, or toiletries, in. Or a red matching color curtain.





Or vise versa, put the opposite color into the bedroom, accent your dresser, or night stand, or even lamp shades, in the green or red that matches the opposing room...





Bring the colors together.





Other colors wouldn't match very well. because other colors would clash with the opposite colores, so match what you have in your bedding you're attatched too. Hey it's only paint!What color should I paint my bedroom and bathroom?
I'd say go to the opposite extreme on the warm-cool spectrum and pick a light robin's egg blue or a cool icy pale aqua color. The bathroom can be similar in lightness but maybe another shade of blue or aqua.





If you don't like that, I read this somewhere, that depending on which direction your rooms face:


West- Cool colors like white, silver, gray, blue


East - Dramatic, stronger colors


North- Warm colors


South- Pastels of cool colors.





Since I live in florida I thought I would break that rule and put cool colors in the north room, to made it double cool, and it is, and I like it.


I also put the warm colors in the SW room, breaking the rules to have a very warm room in the south when the winter sun is in the southern sky

No comments:

Post a Comment