Thursday, February 25, 2010

What color should I paint my 70's bathroom?

I have a ceramic tiled shower and floor that are the typical 70's olive green color. I removed the dated wallpaper, but have no idea what color to paint the room. It's a tiny room so I am afraid if I go with a dark color, it will feel like a cave. I had also thought about an eggplant purple, but then I don't know what to do with the trim. Help!What color should I paint my 70's bathroom?
An eggplant would be nice, You could trick it out in more of a Tuscan style with the green and eggplant.





I would go with white or a soft,warm gray for the trim.What color should I paint my 70's bathroom?
how about that yellowish color that was popular back then? can't think what they called it, but i think it would go with the green.
I would go with a cream or a soft tan-it would be more natral and cleaner. You can accent with a rich wood on picture frames and or towell racks or with a polished silver. Don't do purple-but as towell colors it would be beautiful.
Bright Orange
Avocado
Purple would go with the tile. I think the trim would be good in cream or off white. Brighten up the bathroom with accessories. Some tangerine or pale yellows in the towels and soap dishes would help. Don't go too dark in purple. Go with more of a plum I'm thinking. Good luck. I hope this helps.
White beadboard with a chair-rail molding arond the walls,a very pale yellow flat paint on walls above the beadboard,with a white,semi-gloss trim...that room needs reflective light,so stay with light colors
i would go with a neutral color like beige or khaki or off white.......can't do much with olive green:-)
i would go with bright aqua blue or green

No comments:

Post a Comment