Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'am repainting my bathroom which paint is better semi-gloss or flat.?

I would recommend neither. I don't like the shiny semi-gloss, though it is a 'better' option for bathrooms and kitchens, than flat, for sure. I don't use flat at all, as it does not wash well, if you ever want to clean the walls. My first option is eggshell. It is not shiny, yet washes well, and has a real nice finish to it. It works well in any room of your house. If semi-gloss and flat are your ONLY options, then choose semi-gloss, as flat is not made for bathrooms or kitchens at all.





Here is a website that lists all the paint finishes, and what they are best used for:





http://www.voiceofcolor.com/en/myproject/product_sheen.aspI'am repainting my bathroom which paint is better semi-gloss or flat.?
Semi gloss kitchen and bathroom paint. This paint is a washable paint.I'am repainting my bathroom which paint is better semi-gloss or flat.?
semi gloss as it is easier to clean
.........semi gloss you will get water marks if you use flat. you can even use eggshell its closer to flat then semi gloss but not as shiny
Definitely use a semi-gloss,. It won't look shiny but will be easy to wipe. Never use flat in a bathroom or kitchen. Some people even use gloss, but I think that is too shiny.
I agree with prior posters, use eggshell.





Tips: Save a little bit of left over paint in an air tight container so it is easily accesible if you need to touch up in future and also save the paint name/color so you can have it remixed in the future.... you never know if you'll need it!
I think semi-gloss is easier to wipe clean. I could be wrong though...
semi gloss for bathrooms, halls, and kitchens.


easy to wipe clean. flat paint will show every finger print if there are dirty hands anywhere around, its just hard to keep flat pained walls clean.
Semi-gloss in the bathroom.
Hi. When it comes to paint you have flat, satin, semi-gloss. Flat and satin are for the walls. Flat is the cheapest. Satin is the mid-priced. It's better that flat and easier to clean. Semi-gloss is for your trim molding. I wouldn't put a semi-gloss on the wall cause it's has the most shine and it shows imperfections in the wall surface more than a flat or satin would. So use flat or satin on your walls and a semi-gloss on your trim. Oh yea use a latex paint instead of oilbased. It cleans up with water. Good luck
a semi gloss but use an oil based paint water based will flake after a while due to the steam of the hot water


flats are best used where people seldom touch the paint IE ceilings
You will want an eggshell for the walls (which is a little glossier than flat) You will want flat for the ceiling and semi-gloss for the trim, crown, and base.

No comments:

Post a Comment