Thursday, February 25, 2010

What color should I paint my small, windowless bathroom?

The bathroom is about 8' x 8' and has a white pedestal sink and cherry wood cabinet and mirror. I'd like to add a punch of color but I dont' want anything that will make the room seem smaller than it already is. Any ideas?What color should I paint my small, windowless bathroom?
With no windows you could have some fun by painting it a serene shade of aquamarine so it would look like you were underwater. A clear shower curtain will visually make the bathroom seem bigger rather than an opaque one that would block off the tub area and make the bathroom seem smaller.


A clear shower curtain with fish on it would be fun too. That would add some color and decoration and still let the room seem bigger. Light sand colored flooring or bath mats will add to the underwater effect. White woodwork and brass fixtures with a nautical motif would complete your SeaWorld bathroom.What color should I paint my small, windowless bathroom?
I have one of those windowless bathrooms too and I've tried about every color to keep it from being so gloomy. I've finally settled on a soft yellow; yellow mimics sunshine. And just to give it a little more punch, I took some glazing liquid (used when doing faux finishes) that has a opalescent finish, mixed a tiny bit of white paint with it and kind of ';rubbed'; that on the wall over the paint. You could sponge that mixture just as easily or even roll it on evenly, whatever you want!
a light blue or any light color light makes the room appear bigger too it doesn't seem so cramped...plus its a really pretty color... so like a sky blue or a robins egg blue... kind of the same thing





if you want more of a pop paint it a yellow not like puke yellow but a baby yellow something subtle but bright its very pretty...
Yellow would look great with white and cherry.


A shade like this?


http://www.kanemanor.com/images/Kane-Yel鈥?/a>


http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/inns/wash鈥?/a>
salmon pink will brighten the space up a lot and will also compliment the cherry wood color.
Yellow! That will make it seem bright and cheerful.
white or light colors (never black) so u can add more decoration later on.
  • hair straightener
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment